Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Colorful!

Colorful! And simple. Every weekend we go to the store to stock up on meat and other stuff that isn't convenient during the week. We usually purchase a huge pack of chicken from Whole Foods and at some point in the following days will grill up all of the chicken and store it in the fridge. As someone that once got food poisoning from chicken, I am a little overcautious when handling chicken but at least I am able to eat it again. Having it cooked in the fridge is the way to go.

I also swung by the store today and stocked up on sweet potatoes and some other random veggies. I don't think I have been eating enough carbs. I feel really lethargic when starting workouts lately but about half way through I swing into high gear. For instance, today's WOD was 50 double unders, then 20-15-10-5 reps of each of the following: 95 lb power clean, TTB (Toes to Bar), Box jumps and finish up with 50 double unders. My first set of power cleans took eons. I was trying to beat a certain person's time but I couldn't remember what her time was so I just decided to keep moving. I felt like I was moving in slow motion. Once I got to the round of 10 reps I was able to pick it up a notch. I finished in 14:40 and was sure I was like 2 minutes slower than my goal. I looked at the board to find out I was almost 3 minutes faster. Can't figure it out. So I feel more lethargic but my workouts are bangin'. Hmmmm.

So, my point is I baked a bunch of sweet potatoes. This is my candy people. I just pretend it is a giant candy corn and eat it whole. I kind of felt like putting one on a stick and calling it a sweet potato popsicle. I included more of them in my dinner.

For the sauteed veggies, I started with onion, green pepper and zucchini with a little bit of coconut oil. Once those were nice and flimsy I added broccoli, tomatos and mushrooms. When it was done I added a huge handful of spinach (of course) and wilted that in with some sea salt. I have extra to include in my eggs tomorrow!

Today is day 24 of this challenge. I actually have to look at the calendar to figure out what day I am on. I guess that is a good sign that I am not chomping at the bit for it to be over. Plus I think we are going to continue for a few extra days. Matt has his annual physical in early November and with a history of high blood pressure, he is hoping this challenge has brought his numbers down. I am crossing my fingers!

No comments: