Sunday, October 31, 2010

Crock Pot Pot Roast - BIG HIT!!!

Happy Halloween!

This is our front step. I totally expect these pumpkins to be smashed in the morning from the five 14 year olds that showed up at my door with no costumes expecting candy. I turned them away! Was that mean?

We had an extremely successful Whole30 approved meal tonight. I found a Crock Pot Pot Roast recipe from Paleo Girls blog. I used a grass fed pot roast and added 3 sprigs of thyme, 1-2 tomatoes, 4 carrots, 1 green pepper and 2 zucchinis. It. Was. Awesome. See pics below. The final product photo does not do it justice.

Again, for this photo I had eaten a large portion before I remembered to take a photo. I was so dang hungry! This was so tasty I wanted to keep eating. I stopped and have leftovers for tomorrow, but I will not go hungry tomorrow!

Halloween. I thought this day would be hard. I stay at home and hand out candy. Matt bought the candy. He bought everything I love, of course. Was that sweet of him or do you think he is trying to sabotage my efforts? Well, out of the hundreds of candy bars that have touched my fingers tonight, I let myself have one. One, mini, little, dinky, tiny Butterfinger. AND, it didn't cause me to run for more. I was satisfied and boy, did it taste good!

That's all for now! Try this recipe! Easy and good. Doesn't get much better than that!

Over-n-out!

No comments: