Sunday, October 24, 2010

Paleo Spaghetti!!!!

Heads up! I am tired and don't feel like effin around with the pics, so this ones kind of a mess. You can deal.

Pictured to the left is the Paleo Spaghetti that I have been wanting to try and finally got around to tonight. The picture shows a partially eaten portion as sometimes I forget to take the picture right away... I guess I was hungry?

This recipe can be found at: http://everydaypaleo.com/

I highly recommend perusing this site as she has amazing recipes that are easy. Plus it has forced me to become one with my food processor. I have never used that function prior to this challenge, so another reason why challenges are postive...they force you to try new things!

Pictured here are the zucchini that I shredded and the scrumptious meat sauce that I could have eaten alone (2 lbs of grass fed beef baby!). Wow, delicious. My boys even ate the meat sauce. They
didn't buy into the whole green zucchini thing as pasta but I will just mark that up as them being smart and not being fooled! They want their slurpy noodles dammit!

I also served the baked green beans that were super easy and Matt, who usually doesn't care for beans, liked these. Plus, foil on the pan, no clean up. What more can a girl ask for.

Went to a Vikings/Packers Tailgate party tonight and enjoyed a beer or two - again, not feeling guilty about this just to give you clarification. The food there was devilish as far as the Whole30 goes. However, I chose a brat with kraut and some mustard. Tasty. There was some candy corn, peanuts, m&m candy mixture that I would normally gobble up and believe me, I wanted to but didn't. I am really sticking to the food rules here and while I am learning a ton, I just am not seeing any magical thing happening. Yeah, blame it on the alcohol....whatev'.

No comments: