Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Track Season Has Begun!

Wednesday Morning Crew (minus a few)

This year marks the 6th year that I have held track workouts at Washburn High School. This year, we have practices every Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. and Thursdays at 6 p.m. Doing a track workout is a little like giving birth - you kind of forget how painful it was so you do it again anyways.

This year is the first time I am collecting money. It's not much. Kind of embarrassing to request such a small amount ($5 for the whole season) but it is a start. See, I don't hold these to make money. I do it for completely selfish reasons (so I am motivated by others to run hard at the track) and if others get the same benefit, then fantastic. So the money is going to be donated to Washburn High Athletic Department. Yes, a chance to give back!

These run workouts kinda scare the crap out of me. Every week. I know it is going to hurt and OMG, can I hold these paces? If you don't have that kind of workout in your routine please join us. You need it!

No comments: