Sunday, October 10, 2010

Adapting one of our Favorites = Success!

Shown to the left is one of our favorite past staples for dinner. It is out of the Real Simple Magazine from 2005. As you can see, we have used it a few times. We haven't made this for a long time as I haven't been eating pasta for over a year now, so I was excited to adapt this one and give it a go.

Adaptations: We used spaghetti squash in place of the pasta which was a little different in taste and texture, but still tasty. Instead of hot italian sausages, we used 100% grass fed bison and spiced it up prior to cooking. We also didn't use any of the oil. For some reason Matt didn't think we needed to use it and he was right, it turned out perfect.

Our after picture looks very meaty because it is not stirred up like it is in the magazine picture. There is a ton of spaghetti squash under there. We were both more than satisfied after this meal. I highly recommend giving this a try! Your kids might even eat this (Click on image to the left to view recipe). DELICIOUS!!

On another note, we went to the CD release party for a local band the Maeflies last night. Let me tell you something: it was stumbling distance from our house at the Parkway Theater. We had at least 3 people tell us we had no excuse not to drink as much as we possibly wanted! Well, we stuck to our guns and had water on the rocks with lime. I know, crazy. There were two opening bands including Geezer and Wide Open. Great music to sit and chill to. So fortunately I didn't need the liquid courage to get up and dance!

Yesterday I did all of our shopping we could do at Target. Today we need to make our other stops to get our chicken, short ribs (carnitas here I come) and a fish of some sort. Yes, lots of shopping these days. I figure where I am not spending on alcohol, diet coke and my more frequent outings to eat, I am probably saving money over all and eating more quality food. That is what I keep telling myself anyways. OH, and can I hire someone to do my constant stream of dishes????

No comments: