Friday, October 15, 2010

What's For Dinner?




















My two boys. Tonight I made turkey, sweet potatoes and sauteed veggies. Simple but tasty. As you can see from the pics above, my picky 5 year old was not happy. My adventurous 6 year old was eating it up. In fact, see the pic below? He ate both plates. Hmmm, wonder which boy is going to grow up to be big and strong? Granted, it was difficult to get either of them to eat all of the veggies, but they had to try each veggie.

Matt and I ate the same thing. Of course we had no problem cleaning our plates! For those of you looking for a simple meal, this is the real deal. I put several same sized sweet potatoes on a baking pan (actually over foil so I wouldn't have to clean the pan). Baked at 350 for 80 minutes and had set the timer for the oven to go off. Potatoes cooled off in the oven and were ready to be mashed when I got home. Cut up veggies, sauteed in coconut oil and tossed in a little EVOO and kosher salt. Turkey was a pre-cooked breast that we just had to warm up. Easy breezy.

No comments: