Monday, November 8, 2010
What I learned....
Here is what I learned from my Whole 30 Experience.
1. You will lose weight if you follow this very strict plan.
2. I cannot live without my occasional glass of wine (you should all know that by now). I have had beer twice in the las 35 days and felt sick the next day both times.
3. Dairy does not make me sick. With the one mess up - remember the squash soup? AND the two bowls (in a row) of ice cream I had this weekend, I was just fine.
4. Going without something you enjoy makes you eat more of it - two bowls of ice cream anyone? Hmmmm.
5. I can live without my diet coke but not my coffee with now coconut milk creamer (instead of the processed, never expired creamer I was using before).
6. Stop Reading Here if You don't want TMI: This plan messed up my very regular, if not like clock work, bowel movement schedule. I thought the coffee would take care of it, but evidently there is something else I was missing on this plan. Not sure if it is the lack of dairy or grains, but I didn't overdose on either of those before so not sure.
7. I enjoyed about 90% of my meals. I also enjoyed the planning, shopping and creativity.
8. I will not continue to be as picky. I had a chopped salad at a restaurant today and I had to have them take off the blue cheese and the tortillas. I had them leave on the corn. I don't eat that much corn but if I had to take one more thing off my salad, then it would have been a lame salad so I ate corn.
9. I plan to eat gluten free bread. But I must have bread for sandwiches once in a while.
10. I highly recommend anyone doing this challenge. You might think at first that it is impossible to go without. BUT, you will learn so much! Think of it as an adventure. I will never eat like I did prior to this challenge, just like doing the Zone for 30 days changed me. You have to experience it. Remember, food is fuel. Not a reward. Not a treat. Fuel.